During NotGDC 2023 we introduce Yui – Yet another User Interface library.
You can use it to effortlessly create user interfaces for your game, using the LÖVE 2D game engine. Its main features are:
- Declarative approach to interface building
- Extensible widget library
- Out of the box localization support
- Intuitive widget layout on screen
- Built-in navigation via mouse, joystick or keyboard
- Reasonably small and hackable codebase
The following slides summarize Yui’s strong points and give a taste of how it looks and feels - on code and on screen.